Colegio Internacional La Miranda (also referred as “the School””)
– Registered address: Carrer del Canigó, 15, 08960 Sant Just Desvern, Barcelona
– VAT: A08449506
– Phone number: +34 933 71 73 58
– Data Protection Officer email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Colegio Internacional La Miranda is part of Inspired Education Holdings Limited, (“Inspired Education Group”) which is a company registered in England with number 09268120 and registered address in Sixth Floor, 3 Burlington Gardens, London, W1S 3EP, United Kingdom. Inspired operates numerous affiliated schools globally via its regional offices in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
In accordance with the terms of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the Protection of Individuals with regard to the Processing of Personal Data (GDPR) and the Ley Orgánica 3/2018, de 5 de diciembre, de Protección de Datos Personales y Garantía de los Derechos Digitales, (LOPDGDD) Colegio Internacional La Miranda provides information about how we are processing the personal data that you provide to us.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at the address email@example.com if you have any queries regarding the processing of your personal data.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
We process personal data from our students and their families and / or legal representatives and also from our employees, candidates, suppliers, contractors, prospective customers and third parties interested in finding out more about Colegio Internacional La Miranda within the systems controlled by the school as the Data Controller.
The personal data processed is mainly the following:
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact details;
- Family details;
- Nationality and location;
- Language (s);
- Safeguarding information (such as court orders and professional involvement)
- Education and employment data;
- Images, audio and video recordings, including CCTV footage (video images);
- Financial information;
- Educational centres previously attended.
Other types of data we may collect and process, according to the school purposes, are related to health condition, criminal records and other sensitive information related to an individual, such as:
- Information about health status or provision of health care linked to a specific individual;
- Behavioural information;
- Special educational needs
- Criminal records linked to a specific individual;
- Biometric information;
- Religion, ideology or beliefs;
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
Colegio Internacional La Miranda receives information directly from the interested party or through third parties, such as professionals or authorities who work on their behalf;
The School collects information in several ways, including:
- Personally and over the phone;
- Through our website, the cookies we use and the forms we make available to you;
- From email and hand delivery paper documentation: including job applications, emails, invoices, letters, consent forms;
- Through online tools: such as apps, educational platforms and other software used by our staff;
- Through any CCTV cameras located at our premises or sites;
4. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
Colegio Internacional La Miranda processes personal data to lawfully and legitimately carry out the school’s educational activity. The School collects and keeps students and parents’ information when necessary:
- To ensure that the student meets the school’s admission criteria;
- To provide educational services including the support of pupil learning, monitor and report on pupil progress;
- To provide to the students welfare and pastoral care services;
- To provide to the students medical and nurse attention, catering service and school transportation, among other necessary services;
- To meet the educational, social, physical and emotional requirements of the student;
- To comply with the law regarding data sharing;
- To comply with legislative or administrative requirements;
- To administer the school’s governing body;
- To enable parents/guardians to be contacted in the case of emergency or in the case of school closure, or to inform parents of their child’s educational progress or about school events, etc.
- In order to celebrate the achievements of the School, and keep a record of the history of our students, Colegio Internacional La Miranda can take photographs and recorded images of the students to share them, e.g., yearbooks, website and commercial communications of the College and Inspired Education Group, etc., always based on the informed consent of parents or students of legal age;
- To send commercial communications if previously requested and authorized by the interested party. Commercial communications will include newsletters via email or any other electronic or physical means, present or future, that enables said commercial communication. You may unsubscribe from receiving commercial communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” section found in all such emails sent by the College or Inspired Education Group.
- In the case of a CV received through our webpage, in the section “Work with us”, with the purpose to include the candidate in the selection process or to consider their application for future positions; In this regarding, Colegio Internacional La Miranda also collects information about candidates when necessary to:
– Recruitment of personnel;
– Evaluate the suitability of the candidate for the position;
– Manage the selection process;
– Manage candidates records or applications;
– Administration of human resources records;
The personal data subject to processing may only be communicated to other schools of the Inspired Education Group provided that the prior written consent of the interested party is available and the personal data will be processed for the same legitimate purposes mentioned herein.
5. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
As a school, we may be lawfully required to share personal information with relevant authorities or third parties as permitted on statutory grounds, to comply with legal obligations or on the basis of a specific consent given by the individual concerned.
We will ensure that, where relevant, contractual safeguards are implemented to ensure the protection of your personal data when disclosing your personal data to a third party. For example, we will enter into data processing agreements with relevant parties (providing for restrictions on the use of your personal data and obligations with respect to the protection and security of your personal data).
The parties to whom we may disclose your personal data as above referred may be located in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including countries which may offer a lower level of data protection than in the EEA.
In such cases, we will implement appropriate measures to ensure adequate protection of your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
Your personal data shall be neither rented nor sold to third parties.
6. CONSERVATION OF DATA
Personal information will only be kept for the period of time necessary to fulfill the purposes set forth above and to comply with legal and/or administrative requirements, in addition to the purposes set forth in the legislation for archiving of public interest, scientific or historical research or with statistical functions. Once the stipulated term has elapsed, it will be destroyed under the corresponding security measures or it will be made anonymous.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the GDPR and LOPDGDD you have rights regarding the processing of your personal data. These rights are, however, subject to certain exemptions and limitations.
You have the right to:
- Be informed, at the time when personal data is collected, about the data processing.
- Access the information we process and how we process it as well as to obtain a copy of the personal data considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Ask for the erasing of the personal data we hold about you without undue delay considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Obtain the rectification of your personal data providing a supplementary statement;
- Obtain restriction of processing of your personal data when it is inaccurate, illegal, unnecessary or not verified, considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Obtain data portability of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. This allows the right to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data has been provided;
- Object to processing for direct marketing purposes;
- Withdraw consent at any time and freely to the processing of your personal data. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Therefore, interested parties may exercise their rights by sending a written request, together with a copy of their identification document, indicating in the subject “DATA PROTECTION” to the email address of the Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
The School will deal with requests with priority and will resolve them within the terms provided in the legislation.
The School will facilitate at all times the possibility of withdrawing your consent for any specific purpose granted outside of the purposes necessary in educational services, without prejudice to the legality of the processing in accordance with the consent granted before the withdrawal.
9. STORING AND SECURING INFORMATION
The School shall use the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and privacy of the personal data, preventing from unauthorised access or unlawful processing as well as accidental loss, destruction or damage of the files.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you would like to discuss anything regarding this privacy notice, or you believe we are processing your personal data disregarding the data protection regulations in force, any claim can be sent to our DPO email@example.com or to the Spanish data protection authority, Agencia Española de Protección de Datos (AEPD) with contact details described at https://www.aepd.es/es/la-agencia/donde-encontrarnos. You can also go to the Catalan Data Protection Authority at: https://apdcat.gencat.cat/es/drets_i_obligacions/reclamar_i_denunciar/.
Colegio Internacional La Miranda will not collect or process data from minors (under 14 years of age) under any circumstances. Data will only be collected and processed through the intervention of parents or legal guardians.
12. PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
Colegio Internacional La Miranda may need to update this privacy notice periodically so we recommend that you review this information from time to time.
This version was last updated on June 2022.